
The other day, I came across something that made me stop in my tracks and got me periodically thinking. What I saw before me, was a crane fly that had seemingly hung himself, by the remains of a spiders web.
The thing that got me
thinking, was how symbolic this scene was. For those of you who are unaware,
the crane fly is often referred to (more often through confusion) as a ‘Daddy-Long-Legs.’
The irony in this case, is that a daddy-long-legs would have survived
and escaped the web, whereas this fly died. What I’m really getting at here, is
that this insect had lived his life deceiving many people (essentially lying
about his race) before being killed in this web of lies.
The analogy of the crane fly
and the web could so easily be translated to the types of liars and deceivers
we have in our world.
Now we’ve all told the odd
white lie here and there, to get ourselves out of a situation we’d rather not
find ourselves in; but there are people out there who I class as professional
liars. These are the kind of people who can’t help themselves but lie and
deceive others. It’s more than likely you’ve already come across one of these
types of people in your lifetime – and if you haven’t, then you’re bound to
sooner or later.
Could we not compare these
kind of people to the crane fly who deceive so many with just their appearance?
Sooner or later they could all end up in a web of their own lies, or perhaps a
trap left behind by a smarter other.
I guess you could say the morale
of story is, tell enough lies and you could find yourself trapped or hanged in
a very sticky web!
- From The Inquisitive
Mind Of Ed
No comments:
Post a Comment